Hemp seed may be one of nature's most perfect foods. Considered a complete protein, hemp seed delivers 5 grams of protein in a 2 Tbsp serving, making them a great addition to vegan and vegetarian diets. Hemp is truly a super food providing a perfect balance of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids in each serving. These fatty acids promote heart health, lower triglycerides, work to reduce inflammation, promote brain health, and support the immune system. Low in carbohydrates, hemp seeds are ideal for those following the paleo diet or who need to be carb conscious for their health.
With a pleasant nut-like flavor and creamy texture, our hulled hemp seeds are a nutritious and delightful addition to hot cereal and smoothies. Their light flavor allows them to blend easily into desserts, breads, pancakes, granola bars and other baked goods. Try them sprinkled on salads and blended into pilafs, you’ll find hemp seeds to be a delightful, nutritious enhancement to almost any dish. Find recipes for hemp seeds under the recipe tab below.
Hemp seeds and marijuana come from the same species of plant, but different varieties and the similarities stop there. Hemp seeds do not contain THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the active substance in marijuana.
Hemp seeds are raw and are not toasted or salted. Because of their high oil content, hemp seeds should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer to keep fresh.
**Hemp seeds are no longer produced in our gluten free facility.**
- Additional Information
Free Shipping N/A
Customer Reviews 8 item(s)
- Great quality, test
- I wasn't sure how it was going to test. I turned it to powder using my Nutribullet. The test was far more than I expected it to be. I now can't wait to have 30-45 gm every morning by its own in its powder form. I plan to order the 25 lb package since I can save a lot in the long run.
- no longer gluten-free
- I loved this stuff, but can no longer eat it due to my gluten intolerance. It's a shame really that it's no longer produced gluten-free :(
- So good, my kids don't know it's healthy
- I made the hemp oatmeal cookies that are listed on the pkg, but instead of flour I subbed Bob's Low-Carb Baking Mix and added raisins. Man were they yummy! And since they have a good amount of protein, I figure they make a pretty good breakfast for the kids or an afternoon snack. I will be stocking up on Bob's hemp seed as well as many other healthy baking ingredients!
- Heavenly Hemp Seed
- I use this in baking as well as in my daily serving of Bob's Red Mill oatmeal.
- very yummy on icecream!
- this product is a wonderful addition to my "food as healing" medicinal recipe file. The taste is nutty and the healthful effects speak for themselves. Along with all spices and most plant foods, everything has healing potential.
- delicious and nutritious!
- Love this hemp seed! In addition to the healthy omegas it provides, it is a yummy, slightly nutty, addition to cereal and oatmeal!
- great stuff!
- bought a bag of hemp seeds great taste!was wondering are you hemp seeds irradiated?
- Great stuff! Extremely ...
- Great stuff! Extremely nutritious.. I made the Chocolate Deluxe Hemp Nuggets and they were fabulous! The Hemp No-Meat loaf was ok, better as a side dish. Can't wait to make the Savory Hemp Crackers and the Hemp Oatmeal Cookies!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp. (15g)
Servings Per Container: 22
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories90Calories from Fat50
Total Fat6 g9 %Saturated Fat1 g5 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodiummg0 %Total Carbohydrate3 g1 %Dietary Fiber2 g8 %SugarsgN/AProtein5 g10 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium%Iron6 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
hulled hemp seed
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk