This high protein Hard Red Wheat is some of the finest wheat available anywhere in the world! Whole grain wheat berries are very nutritious, containing 6 grams of protein, over 20 percent of your daily value for dietary fiber and 8 percent of your iron in each serving. Hard red wheat berries have a robust, full flavor and make a wonderful addition to your table.
In addition, hard red wheat has the highest protein content of all the wheat types. These hearty berries can be cooked as a cereal, sprouted for salads or milled into flour by folks with home grinders. Use them in place of rice or other grains for pilafs, soups, salads and casseroles. See the back of our package for basic cooking instructions, as well as a delightful Wheat Berry & White Bean Salad recipe.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Wheat Berry Nutrition Content
- What is the nutritional value of wheat berries? I have read they are highly and chocked full of B vitamins. The nutrition value chart shows wheat berries have none. Thank you.
- newbie comment
- I never made wheat berries before - would have found it helpful to have a note on the package that the product doubles in size when cooked or to know how many servings the uncooked 1/2c makes... I also wasn't sure how it was supposed to look when it was cooked.|I will buy it again, but cook with broth instead of water to give it a little more flavor. I guess I was expecting something else....|impr
- Thanks for the help!!!
- I tried this in a new recipe I found online... wheat berries, apples, dried cranberries and pecans in a raspberry vinaigrette. Super-tasty. :)
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup(45g)
Servings Per Container: 17
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories150Calories from Fat5
Total Fat0.5 g1 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodiummg0 %Total Carbohydrate32 g11 %Dietary Fiber6 g24 %SugarsgN/AProtein6 g12 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium2 %Iron8 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
hard red spring wheat berries
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk