DetailsLight and delicate, this is the go-to mix for bakers looking to make the perfect gluten free shortbread cookie. Sweet, but not overly rich, these cookies are delightful on their own or can be spruced up with a few minor adaptions. Our favorite at the mill is dipping half in melted chocolate for a truly decadent treat. Our delicious Gluten Free Shortbread Cookie Mix features healthy, whole grain sorghum flour. Sorghum flour is a powerhouse of nutrition and adds a superb flavor to gluten-free baking. This mix contains: Potato Starch, Sugar, Whole Grain Sorghum Flour, Cornstarch, Tapioca Starch, Sea Salt (Magnesium Carbonate), Xanthan Gum, Vanilla Powder (Sugar, Cornstarch, Vanilla Extract.)
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 18 item(s)
- not terrible, not great
- I was fairly disappointed with these, having come to expect a lot from BRM (tho I find it interesting how variable the reviews are). I made them exactly as indicated on the directions, using a good DF butter sub. They came out ok: flavor was not bad, very mildly buttery/sweet. Texture was merely adequate very crumbly, mouth feel rather dry & a bit 'sandy' (as is usual with rice flower, as if you
- good stuff
- Had to add more water than the package said to add...but other than that they came out perfect!!!!!!
- Excellent product
- I made these for a Christmas Eve Open House where many who attended have dairy, soy and gluten allergies. Just substituted the appropriate "butter" and they made up just great. I am wondering if they would work in the cookie press if I added a bit more liquid? Many thanks for this great product.
- I'm gluten sensitive!-these cookie don't
- I'm gluten sensitive and these cookie don't make me feel like I'am.|In addition, they are healthier then your typical cookie, ever more amazing!|MMMM!
- Best shortbread for GFs I've found
- Cut @ 2" and get about 45 cookies - ices well after full cool-down baked more evenly @400 degr.F (Houston area)for a slightly shorter time. Very tasty - loved 'em!
- Better than my homemade
- I made shortbread bars. However, I did need to add 2 Tablespoons more water than the instructions called for. Once that was added, the dough was flexable and easy to use.
- tasty but dough is difficult to work wit
- I ended up just using this mix to make shortbread bars. If I had more time and I didn't have little toddlers nipping at my heals for cookies, I would have taken the time to roll them out and make cookies. I just used a cookie sheet covered with parchment and flattened out the dough. These would be great with finely chopped pecans!
- Versatile and Delish!
- For versatility, I divided the dough into 3 parts and made the following: 1) thumbprint cookies with raspberry jam 2) round cookies drizzled with dark chocolate 3) round cookies with finely chopped pecans mixed into the dough. The assortment looked great on the serving platter.||I found massaging the dough for a minute or 2, as suggested by the directions, made a big difference. I made them smal
- This is a favorite cookie.
- Roll them in sugar before baking or frost with a powder sugar frosting.|They are a favorite!
- Not bad, but difficult!
- Not easy to work with. Ended up adding small amounts of water (sprinkling with fingers) into mix until it just came together. Flavor was ok- beany flavored at first, then the shortbread taste came through. Good with a cold glass of milk (if you can drink it!)
- Great as a Pie Crust, too!
- I used half the shortbread cookie mix as a pie crust for a lemon blueberry cheesecake. It was delicious and everyone loved it. I substituted a little half and half for the water, and olive oil for half the butter. The taste was still awesome.||The next time, I'll add more butter/olive oil mixture and increase the half and half to see if it turns out less crumbly. ||The cookies are delicious, too,
- Delicious cookies!
- These cookies are excellent, especially if you put a little cream cheese icing on top. My non-GF family members also loved them. They were a little difficult to make, because the dough is so dry, it's hard to keep it together, but it's definitely worth the effort. Maybe next time I'll add a little milk. But they are definitely as good as any shortbread cookie I've ever eaten. Maybe better!
- Best decorated cookies
- I have family that eat gluten free. I baked these for a family Christmas party. I cut in circles with a glass and decorated with white icing.My 4 year old grandson could not get enough of them!|They were easy to make and tasted great!
- delicious with finely chopped pecans
- I added finely chopped pecans to the mix and this made a most delicious pecan cookie, similar to the wedding cookies I love. We recently turned our kitchen gf when one of my kids was diagnosed with celiac. Every time we find a recipe like this we are so happy. These cookies disappeared so quickly, even though there was only one person with celiac in the room. By any standard (gf or not) these sho
- A great jumping off point for creativity
- I was having my mom and aunts to coffee and I needed to be sure to have gluten free treats for 2 of my aunts. I purchased a gluten free spice cake mix and doctored it up with canned pumpkin, but rather than use frosting, I bought the Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Shortbread Cookie Mix. I melted half a cup of butter and added it to 1 1/2 cups of the cookie mix along with 1/4 c dark brown sugar, cinnam
- The tastiest gluten free cookies. I made them and shared with the family, no one made any faces at them being gluten free, and my only regret is that I didn't buy more while in the States.
- Shortbread Cookie Mix
- I made this product and added some cocoa and extra sugar. I baked it in shortbread pans and when it was cooled I sliced it and froze it. When I feel like a treat, I put a piece of the shortbread in a dish with hot fudge and warm it in the microwave then I add ice cream and whatever toppings my husband and I want, e.g., toasted nuts, whipped cream, etc. Very delicious and just enough to satisfy
- This is a really ...
- This is a really delicious product. My husband loves shortbread cookies but I can't have the gluten, so I tried this and it didn't disappoint. I added a small amount of milk because it was so dry when mixed up. This did not seem to affect the quality of the cookies but helped to hold them together for rolling out.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 2-2\" Cookies (33g dry mix)
Servings Per Container: 18
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories120Calories from Fat0
Total Fat0 g0 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium80 mg3 %Total Carbohydrate29 g10 %Dietary Fiber0.5 g2 %Sugars8 gN/AProtein1 g2 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron4 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Potato Starch, Sugar, Whole Grain Sorghum Flour, Cornstarch, Tapioca Starch, Sea Salt (magnesium carbonate as flowing agent), Xanthan Gum, Natural Vanilla Powder (sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract)
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tre