DetailsMasa, the Spanish word for “dough,” is the traditional dough used to make corn tortillas. It is made with hominy, or dried corn kernels that have been cooked and soaked in limewater, which is ground into masa. Masa harina (“dough flour”) is flour made from dried masa. Our Gluten Free Golden Masa Harina Corn Flour is handled with care in our dedicated gluten free facility. The nixtamalization process (soaking in limewater) was developed in Mesoamerica thousands of years ago. It loosens the hulls from the kernel and softens the corn for grinding by breaking down the glue-like component called hemicellulose. This process also changes the structure of the corn, freeing the nutritionally rich niacin so that it can be easily absorbed into the digestive track. In addition, calcium is gained from the lime used as an alkali. The nixtamalization process also balances the amino acids, accessing more usable protein from the corn. Use this delicate flour to make delicious homemade gluten free corn tortillas, gluten free tamales and more.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 9 item(s)
- This is a great GMO-Free product!
- We make tamales about once a year, and Bob's gives us a way to do that GMO-free! They come out great and taste fabulous.
- GMO Organic version PLEASE!
- Please, please, please try to source a GMO free organic corn supply for this product!!
I love tamales, quesadillas, tacos, tostadas...etc..any and all mexican food!
My son was diagnosed with ADHD and removing gluten, preservatives and fake stuff has done wonders! I realized most commercial tostadas contain preservatives and some even artificial colors! so I've been buying this dough and tamales and tortillas come out so tasty and it's great to know it's gluten and fake stuff free.
The only reason I didn't give it 5 starts is because we're also turned to organic ingredients and this is not from organic corn!
BOB! PLEASE MAKE ORGANIC MASA!!!
- Perfect for tamales
- I love this masa for making tamales. I've tried many other brands, including "traditional authentic" varieties and they just don't have the same quality and flavor as this mix. It can be hard to find so I'm thrilled to be able to order it here!
- Organics Please
- love products want so bad for gluten free mesa harina to be organic... People turning to organics is exponential - we want to be toxin free!!!!
- Used this to make some sweet masa corn cakes. Soooo good! Thanks!
- Absolutely Amazing!
- This masa harina is simply amazing. I only use this brand to make tortillas and they are the best. I love Bob's Mill and this is one of my favorite products! You have to try it.
- Fantastic Product!
- We buy this by the case to make tamales and tortillas. Finding a certified gluten free Masa Harina was very difficult and Bob's has done an excellent job! My only complaint is that it is very difficult to find in retail stores, they often carry the non GF manufactured version, it would be wonderful to see the GF version in more stores as it is useful for the gluten intolerant and tolerant alike.
- Homemade tortillas!
- The recipe worked great and I haven't had homemade tortillas for years! Only problem is that it gets really messy. I highly recommend oiling your hands to keep the dough from sticking.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (29g dry)
Servings Per Container: 23
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories100Calories from Fat10
Total Fat1 g2 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodiummg0 %Total Carbohydrate21 g7 %Dietary Fiber2 g8 %SugarsgN/AProtein3 g6 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium4 %Iron10 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
gluten free corn, lime
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy