DetailsBob's Red Mill Cinnamon Raisin Bread Mix is specially designed for those who are sensitive to wheat or gluten. It makes a memorable and satisfying loaf loaded with plump raisins and infused with cinnamon, and it is delicious sliced and toasted or used for French toast. Thanks to wholesome ingredients like whole grain sorghum flour, this mix is a good source of dietary fiber, protein, iron and antioxidants. Each slice of bread gives you a nutritional boost. This household staple and treat is easy to make by bread machine or by hand. Makes 1-1/2 lb loaf. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread Mix contains: potato starch, raisins, whole grain sorghum flour, tapioca flour, molasses powder (molasses, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide), sea salt, active dry yeast, xanthan gum, cinnamon, guar gum, vanilla powder (sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract).
- Additional Information
Free Shipping N/A
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 15 item(s)
- First time
- First time making used bread maker, was a little dry & crumbly so would need to add a little something either oil or water not sure. Maybe add a little more flavor can taste it depending on your taste buds though i think it being dry might be why some of us thinks it's stall.
- Awesome Cinnamon Raisin Bread
I was pretty surprised by how much I liked this mix! I tend to avoid mixes with rice flour and was SO glad to see that this one doesn't contain any. This bread is great, it is is soft, doesn't crumble and makes great toast that actually tastes like toast! There are no weird flavors or undertones like some GF products have. I also really appreciate that this bread is made with some whole grain flour (sorghum) and is low in sugar.
My only tips are to let the yeast proof for 10 minutes instead of 5, really make sure you let the bread rise in the pan before baking (I boil water in my microwave, then stick the loaf in the steamy microwave to rise) and after baking, let the loaf cool completely before slicing the whole thing.
After slicing, I keep a few slices for the next day and store the rest in my freezer!
- Where were the raisins? Bad batch?
- I've been craving cinnamon raisin bread for awhile, and being a bob's fan, figured I would try this mix out. I didn't see a single raisin in the mix! I thought maybe I was supposed to add them, but didn't see that instruction either, and noticed that raisins were listed in the ingredients. Totally peculiar. I added about 1/4-1/3 cup of raisins to the mix anyway. I also ended up needing to add an entire extra cup of water just to get it to a cookie dough consistency. I used TWO load pans, and thank goodness, because they both rose to the top. Cooked for 40 minutes before they were totally cooked, far shorter than the directions indicate. Not sure if I got a wacky batch, but glad I made the adjustments I did or it would have been a disaster. Wish I had added some sugar - bread is a bit bitter without it.
- Good size and texture
Decided to try the dry mix, since I've been so disappointed at the price and size of the ready made GF breads out there.
I'm quite impressed with the ease of making it. Also, I'm pleased at the size of the loaf.
I was slightly disappointed that it wasnt as sweet as I was expecting. But from reading the other comments, I can always add some stevia, cane sugar or brown sugar.
The amount of raisins does make up for the lack of sweetness I had expected.
Overall, I'm satisfied, and will definetly try it again.
- Great taste
I finally tried this today because I had purchased it last year and it would expire this year. I will admit I was afraid to try it as things I have tried in the past that were Gluten free were horrible.
I was very surprised that it was so great! :) For the oil I used macadamia nut oil as I am trying to get healthier fats in my diet.
I bit into it thinking sweet bread and then realizing it wasn't a sweet bread. I then appreciated the fact that it was low in sugar as I am watching that as well.
So thank you for such a great alternative to other breads as I am watching my wheat intake.
- Best cinnamon raisin bread I ever tasted
- I have long been a fan of raisin bread and disappointed in the overpowering use of cinnamon in comercial bread. Bob's mix has just the right amount of cinnamon, not too much. When I began the GF diet, nothing on the market had taste and texture was not satisfying...until we discovered Bob's mixes! If you know anyone with a bread maker, Bob's mixes are a perfect gift!!
- We love it!
- We love the bread and it is so easy to make. My husband also makes pancakes out of the mix and they are great too!
- for best results with a large mixer
- I find that if I make 2 loaves at a time in the big Kitchen Aid mixer, I get great results.
- Very delicious and great texture
- A dear friend of mine wanted to serve something special for me and my kids when we came to visit, and she made this bread. She said it was easy to bake, and all of us, even her non gluten free family, liked it. This bread has a winning combination of great flavor and texture, suprisingly so for a gluten free bread. It was so good that all of the kids asked for seconds. I apreciate that it does not have too much sugar, which makes it much more versatile than a sweeter bread, and if I want it sweeter I can always add some more sugar. I will definitly buy this mix to make myself.
- 3 year old loves it!
- This mix is great! This bread has lots of raisins and tastes good to other members not allergic to wheat, dairy, nuts and rice. I plan on adding a little brown sugar to it next time. Thanks for making great products for people with multiple food allergies.
- Very Tasty Good Texture
- Very Impressed. The loaf is good sized, no air pockets, and super texture. Not too heavy. Great moisture. Wonderful for french toast.
- Loved it
- Easy to make, the texture turned out be be just like the "real thing". There are plenty of raisins in the mix, but next time I would add a little more cinnamon. I did add some stevia since I like my cinnamon bread to be a little sweeter.|I will definitely make it again!!
- The Best!
- I make this mix with 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/4 cup flax seed, 2 tbsp flax seed meal and 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds. I eat a piece every morning for breakfast. It's the BEST.
- Wonderful - I haven't had raisin bread in years and the gluten-free version was easy to make (even for a non-baker like me) and absolutely delicious.
- We truly loved this ...
- We truly loved this bread. My husband was the first to taste it. He said it reminded him of something wonderful from his childhood! Not too sweet..just a warm and delicous taste. The texture was really great.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/16 of pkg (35g)
Servings Per Container: 16
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories130Calories from Fat15
Total Fat1.5 g2 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodium230 mg10 %Total Carbohydrate29 g10 %Dietary Fiber2 g8 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein2 g4 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium2 %Iron8 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION REFLECTS UNPREPARED PRODUCT ** potato starch, raisins, whole grain sorghum flour, tapioca flour, dried molasses (molasses, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide), sea salt (magnesium carbonate as flowing agent), active dry yeast, xantha