Much sweeter and more delicate in taste than common pintos or kidney beans, these beautiful Cranberry Beans are popular in Italian, Portuguese and Greek cuisine and are often known as "borlotti" beans. These beautiful, light colored beans with cranberry speckles are creamy in texture and have a mild, nutty flavor.
Cranberry beans are delicious and an excellent nutrient-dense food. They're a rich source of dietary fiber, protein and iron, and are packed with vitamins and minerals. Cranberry beans are low fat and sodium, and are cholesterol free.
Cranberry beans are perfect for salads, soups, pasta fagioli, casseroles, stews, rice and whole grain dishes, and bean spreads. Use as you would pinto beans in chili or for baked beans. A favorite Italian tradition is serving them at room temperature with olive oil, lemon juice and chopped fresh parsley as a part of an antipasto tray, paired with olives, cheese and Italian sausage. See the back of our package for two hearty, comforting recipes featuring Cranberry Beans—Pasta e Fagioli and Macedonian Baked Beans.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- The finest bean!
- My initial use was following the recipe on the back of the package for pasta e fagioli. I did not use the pancetta as I desire a lower fat entree. The result was beyond incredible! It was, by far, the best bean dish I have ever made. It was reminiscent of dishes I had in and around Florence. Next, I prepared soup. Again, great result. The skins stay completely intact. The liquor is creamy. The taste is sweet and nutty. As with all Bob's Red Mill Beans, these are prime, not old; no worrying of stones, debris, bruised beans! The only negative: I wish markets would carry them!!
- Love it
- Delicious. Best of Best. Love the taste and that is final.
- These beans were buttery and delicious. I added them to a soup after soaking and pre cooking. The quality of your beans is so much better than store bought.
- My new favorite bean!
- I bought these beans because I found out that I was allergic to kidney and pinto beans. So I needed an alterantive in my "Go-to" bean recipes. A worker in the store recomended these and boy am I glad I tried them! I have allready ordered the large bag again. The have a very smooth texture like kidney bean and quite honestly these kind of taste like the perfect mix of pinto and kindey bean (with no allergic reaction!). They exspand alot once they are soaked so you definitely get your moneys worth, but the taste is the real reason you will be glad you bought these. Even if I could eat kidney or pinto beans, I still would turn to cranberry beans first
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (48g) dry
Servings Per Container: 16
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories160Calories from Fat5
Total Fat0.5 g1 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate29 g10 %Dietary Fiber10 g40 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein10 g20 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium2 %Iron20 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk