DetailsBob's Red Mill Cracked Wheat Hot Cereal is simply the finest hard red whole wheat that has been cut into a few pieces. Nothing fancy, just whole grains as nature intended. The nutty flavor and chewy texture make this one of our most popular hot cereals. Whole grain wheat delivers a healthy dose of protein, dietary fiber and is a great source of calcium and iron, all of which work together to keep your body strong and healthy. Whole wheat is also a good source of folate, which helps with cell production and is especially critical for pregnant women and infants. Cracked Wheat is, indeed, very popular as a cereal, but you can also add cracked wheat to your favorite bread recipe for a crunchy texture, or use as a meat extender to add fiber and nutrition to meatloaf. It can be cooked and used in place of bulgur in salads, soups and sides. Bulgur is simply cracked wheat that has been parboiled to save on cooking time. Both are wonderful additions to your table.
- Additional Information
Free Shipping N/A
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- There's Nothing Like It!
- This is just great as a hearty hot cereal! Full of flavor and a perfect change of pace from oatmeal.
- The whole family loves this!
- I either make this product the same way I would prepare oatmeal (which my daughter loves) or add a little bit into other kitchen creations. Adding a little cracked wheat to pancake mix or homemade soups adds bulk, flavor, and texture. Wonderful as a hot cereal, not as slimy as oatmeal but not as chewy as grits. ~~~Yum!~~~
- Wheat Cracked makes lips smacked
- The flavor and texture of Cracked Wheat is perfect. I use it as a hot cereal in cool weather. I have fun adding a variety of things like nuts or fruit. I have been unsuccessfully searching for it locally for over a year. I have an older friend who is on chemotherapy and craves a hot, textured, wheat cereal. I am most disappointed at not finding it.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup(40g)
Servings Per Container: 17
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories140Calories from Fat5
Total Fat0.5 g1 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodiummg0 %Total Carbohydrate29 g10 %Dietary Fiber5 g20 %SugarsgN/AProtein5 g10 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium%Iron8 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
whole grain wheat
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk