Last week we asked our followers on Twitter to tell us about restaurants where they have had good experiences with gluten free dining. Here are the restaurants they shared.
· Biaggis in Illinois (looks like they have locations across the country with GF menus)
· Swirlz Cupcake Bakery in Chicago (delicious GF cupcakes)
· Two Urban Licks in Atlanta, GA
· Friedman’s, located in Chelsea Market in NYC
· Amici’s East Coast Pizzeria on Lombard in San Francisco
· Corbett Fish House and Hawthorne Fish House in Portland,OR. Full GF menu with fried, battered fish.
· Mariposa Bakery in Oakland, CA but also can be found in select stores including Oregon, California, Canada, Colorado, Ohio, Washington, etc.
· Risotteria in NYC
· Da Lucianos in Chicago (see my blog post here about it)
· Rose’s Bakery (all GF), Big Bowl, Chicago Diner, Mana, Adobo Grill & Da Lucianos all in Chicago
· Petes New Haven Apizza in Washington DC
If you have restaurants that you think deserve a shout-out, leave them in the comments for our readers. Thank you to all of our Tweeps for sharing the GF dining love! Here are just some of their comments:
“Risotteria in NYC! You get gf breadsticks when you sit down! Friendly staff! Pizza, salads, risotto, panini- all gf!”~Lesliemac59
“The best treat I have had was deep fried fish and chips at Corbett’s in Portland, Oregon- all GF and ever so tasty!” ~Bisby
“Two Urban Licks in Atlanta is the best! The chef goes through the menu line by line to accommodate the GF diners. Great place!” ~GingerCM
“Amici’s East Coast Pizzeria on Lombard in San Francisco. Gluten free sign on the window and they have Red Bridge.” ~Glutenfreemaps