Salads & Sides:
- Patriotic Watermelon & Feta Flag (Fruit and Cheese Plate) from Wenderly: This could be done with pineapple instead for a pure fruit plate or vegan option.
- Red, White & Blue [Green] Salad from Green Lite Bites: A green salad featuring strawberries, blueberries and feta.
- Cookie Cutter Fruit Salad from Wit & Whistle: Cut watermelon into stars using a cookie cutter, add strawberries and blueberries for a patriotic finish.
- Watermelon Fire & Ice Salsa from Cooking Pinterest: A beautiful salsa served in the watermelon rind.
- Red, White & Blue Potato Salad (version 1) from A Cozy Kitchen: If you can find purple potatoes, this is a fun and pretty recipe. (No mayo in this version, making it perfectly vegan friendly.)
- Red, White & Blue Potato Salad (version 2) from Epicurious: The classic potato salad using three colors of potatoes.
- Red, White & Blue Potato Salad (version 3) from Stuff Your Face : Featuring blue cheese instead of blue potatoes. Skip the bacon to make it veg-friendly.
- Baked Beans from Bob’s Red Mill: Just your standard, vegetarian baked beans.
- Basic Grilled Corn on the Cob from Simply Recipes: Husk on method
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Cilantro Lime Butter and Feta Cheese from Say Yes to Hoboken
- BBQ Tofu Kabobs from Channel 4: Easy, tasty kabobs served with a mustard mayonnaise dressing.
- Grilled Eggplant with Tomatoes and Feta from Laa Loosh
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger from Veggie Belly
- Ultimate Veggie Burger from 101 Cookbooks: This one looks like a winner!
- Firecracker Cupcakes from Noble Pig: These are too cute and quite fun (they use PopRocks!)
- Chocolate Raspberry Ice Box Cake from Kitchen Parade: A festive chocolate cake topped with whipped cream, raspberries and blueberries in a flag design.
- Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles: Red velvet cake cookies are cut into stars and filled with cheesecake ice cream. Bet you could put a twist on this with blueberry ice cream for a red, white and blue sandwich.
- Red, White and Blue Chocolate Dipped Strawberries from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles: Not the original recipe, but she does a great job of explaining how to create this super simple, yet completely fancy-pants treat.