This recipe comes from musician Brett Wildeman. Brett is a musician, writer and Bob’s Red Mill fanatic. Last September, Brett embarked on a bicycle tour of British Columbia to promote his newest album, Mother Earth. The In A Blink tour was fueled by Bob’s Red Mill and this was one of his favorite recipes for on-the-road nutrition. They are full of super foods like flax seed, chia seed and dark chocolate, completely delicious and so easy to make! We think this is a perfect recipe to add to your repertoire for a healthy New Year.
No Bake Balls of Energy
Contributed by Brett Wildeman
- 1 cup Bobs Red Mill Old Country-Style Muesli*
- 2/3 cup Coconut Flakes (can toast for additional flavor)
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 cup of shredded Dark Chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1) Stir all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until thoroughly mixed.
2) Chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
3) Roll into balls of whatever size you would like.
4) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for freshness. Last up to 1 week.