Who doesn’t love a good bowl of chili? This recipe from Sarah of Daisy At Home is as easy as it is delicious! Of her blog, Sarah writes, “Daisy At Home is a blog about life and cooking in Southern California. I love to use fresh, local, and seasonal ingredients while experimenting in my kitchen.”
Southwestern Black Bean Chili
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Black Bean Soup Mix
- 4 cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup frozen Corn Kernels, defrosted
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Heat the oil in a sauce pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are soft, about 3 minutes.*
- Add the cumin and chili powder and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the black bean soup mix and vegetable broth and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from heat, stir in the corn and salt and serve.
*If you like more spice, chop up a jalapeno and saute with the onions and garlic.
Accompaniments: tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, sour cream