These tasty treats make a great dessert for a party or a perfect gift for a gluten free friend. Thanks to Sarah of Daisy At Home for these lovely bars. Of her blog, Sarah writes, “Daisy At Home is a blog about life and cooking in Southern California. I love to use fresh, local, and seasonal ingredients while experimenting in my kitchen.”
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup chilled Unsalted Butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2-4 Tbsp Cold Water
- 1-1/2 cups Fruit Preserves (I used Apricot)
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts, roughly chopped*
- 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds*
- 1/4 cup dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, butter and salt and pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- With the food processor running, add 1 tablespoon of the water at a time until the mixture forms a dough and holds together.
- Press the dough into a greased 8×8 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and set.
- Spread the fruit preserves onto the crust and sprinkle with the nuts and cranberries.
- Return dish to the oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly and cut into bars.
*Make sure to purchase nuts that are not processed in a facility that also processes gluten products.