This lovely recipe for Curried Pearl Couscous comes from Hannah Voss-Surges of the blog Alimental and is part of our month long Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous celebration. Alimental is a candid account of her everyday life as she strives to balance all aspects of a healthy lifestyle. Alimental focuses on simple and delicious plant-based recipes inspired by a variety of cuisines. Hannah holds a B.S. in Biological Sciences and is currently studying Clinical Laboratory Sciences in San Diego, where she lives with her husband and cat.
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous
- 1 Tbsp Olive or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Penzeys Maharaja Curry Powder (or other high quality curry powder)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Zest of one small Lemon
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup Almonds, chopped (or use sliced or slivered almonds)
- 1 small bunch Green Onions, sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Cook the couscous according to package instructions and allow to cool slightly. Add oil and lemon juice and stir to coat the couscous. Gradually add the curry powder, followed by salt and pepper. Stir in dried cranberries, lemon zest, and almonds. Add green onion just before serving. Tastes delicious served warm or at room temperature.