The clock is ticking and the deadline for entering Spar for the Spurtle is looming! You have until July 22nd, 2013 to submit your video for a chance to win a trip to Scotland. It’s so easy to enter, here’s what you need to do:
- Think up what you imagine is the very best dish using oatmeal ever. Need inspiration? Check our our Pinterest board.
- Visit SparfortheSpurtle.com to read the rules of entry. Here, I’ll boil it down for you. The video has to be less than 3 minutes long. The recipe has to be cooked and completed in under 30 minutes, using no more than two burners (no oven and no extra appliances). You have to use steel cut oats. That’s about the gist of it.
- Shoot a video. It doesn’t have to be fancy and it doesn’t have to use state-of-the-art equipment. You can use your smart phone or any thing that shoots digital video. It just has to be under 3 minutes and give us some idea of your dish.
- Submit your entry on the Spar for the Spurtle site.
See? Easy! Here’s just some of what you could win…
- A trip to Portland to tour Bob’s Red Mill, meet Bob and compete for a crowd of adoring fans and three celebrity judges
- An all-expenses paid trip for TWO to Scotland
- $2500 cash
- Bragging rights as winner of the American heat for the Golden Spurtle World Porridge Competition
Not to mention that you could end up being the World Porridge Champion. Last year, our Spar for the Spurtle Winner, Laurie Figone won the Specialty category and took home an awesome trophy.
So what have you got to lose?
Still not sure? Check out this year’s competition so far.