Recipes, Special Diets on July 20, 2010 by

Gluten Free Herb and Cheese Biscuits

These savory biscuits are perfect on their own, or alongside one of our specialty soups.

One of my favorite Bob’s Red Mill mixes is our Gluten Free Biscuit and Baking Mix. It is incredibly versatile and easy to work with.  Here is a savory recipe I conjured up in the bakery, enjoy!

Gluten Free Herb and Cheese Biscuits

2 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Biscuit and Baking Mix
1/4 t.  salt
1 T.  evaporated cane juice
½ cup unsalted butter, cold and chopped
1 cup cold water
1 T. chopped fresh rosemary
1 T. minced garlic
1 T. chopped fresh thyme
½ -¾ cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese

Mix fresh herbs, salt and sugar into biscuit mix. Cut cold butter into mix until crumbly. Add water and work in cheese. Drop dough onto pan in the shape and size you like. We have done triangles and square shapes as well. Bake at 325°F in a convection oven or 375°F in a conventional oven for 18 minutes. Biscuits will not get much color, so go by firmness of biscuit. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy with entrees such as spaghetti or a hearty soup.

Yield: 8 2-1/2 inch biscuits or 4 large triangle biscuits

Comments

Stephanie W. says:

Wow, these look amazing! I’ll have to order more of the biscuit and baking mix and try these when it cools off this fall. Thanks for making so many fantastic GF resources available!

Natalie says:

WOW… Been making a faithful bread cake type thing over and over with the mix BUT now for something different!!!

Nichole B. says:

Completely addicted to these beautiful biscuits!! Makes the gluten free world seem not that bad after all!

Mykel says:

Can I sub the evaporated cane juice for something else?

Yes, you can use any sugar or sugar substitute in place of the evaporated cane juice.

Erin says:

I tried these using the “new” GF biscuit and baking mix (I thought it was just a new look) and they failed. I’ve made these successfully lots of times and love them. Did Bob’s red mill change the mix? So sad 🙁

Yes, we did change the mix a bit. I’m sorry that it did not work for you. I will pass along your comments. If you would like a refund for this item, please call us 800-349-2173

Pattie Stromberg says:

Do you have an updated recipe of the GF Herb and Cheddar biscuits using the new biscuit mix? I love the GF biscuits that you have in your store but I can’t always get there before they run out on Thursdays. I just bought some of the mix today and was hoping to make some myself. Thank you

Pattie,

Let me check with our test kitchen and see if she can recommend what needs to be adjusted.

Richard Barker says:

your biscuit recipe has 2 eggs, baking powder and soda. The biscuit mix recipe does not have these. I assume these are included in the biscuit mix. i don’t have milk or buttermilk today so I’m going to try some yogurt ????

They are included in the mix. Yogurt should work too!