DetailsBob's Red Mill Apple, Cinnamon and Grains Cereal is made from a unique blend of wholesome ingredients. We start with stone ground, whole grain wheat, rye, triticale, oats, barley, brown rice and flaxseed—this phenomenal combination of grains and seeds provides a nutritious dose of fiber, protein and iron. Then we add sweet and chewy, naturally dried apples and a hint of cinnamon for a wonderful cereal that's healthy and delicious. Eating our Apple, Cinnamon and Grains Cereal is a great way to consume a variety of whole grains. You can add a little honey and milk or dress up the flavor with a handful of additional dried fruit--or whatever toppings you like! Apple, Cinnamon and Grains Cereal is a wonderful way to get your energy level up and going and keep it there all morning long.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 10 item(s)
- Delicious, boys my 6 yo and 2 yo like it
I admit, this is only my second morning cooking it. When I asked my kids if they wanted oatmeal, there was a big "Yes!" What a relief.
The first time I made it, my older one asked "is it the one with the Dino eggs [candy]? No, no this is healthy. Plus he always claims to like oatmeal, but only eats about three bites. This one, this one he asked for more before he finished.
I added raisins the first time, have not tried my mom's deal of adding butter. I will definitely try making the muffins.
- The best whole grain hot cereal ever!
- This is by far the best whole grain cereal on the market. It is so easy to prepare, even in the microwave. Even the kids love it! I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to plain old oatmeal.
- the best
- My daughter moved and left a half eaten package of this cereal at my house. I didn't want it to go to waste so I cooked up a batch for my mother and myself. We both agreed it was the best hot cereal we have ever had. The flavor and the texture of the grains was great. This will be a staple in my house from now on as well as my Moms.
- Discovered it in Beirut!
- I discovered the "8 Grain", "10 Grain" and "Apple Cinnamon mix" (definitely my favorite) while on a training mission in Lebanon. Several stores carried a good variety of "Red Mill" products. Imagine my frustration at finding your cereals at only one little health food store in my area...and it doesn't carry the app;e-cinnamon at all (I add dried apple chips and cinnamon myself). OK. long way of getting to the point. I think the Red Mill cereals are, by far, the best way to start a busy day!
- Family Favorite
- This has turned out to be one of my families favorite breakfast meals,even my young kids wont hesitate to eat A large bowl in the morning! A good plus is while your makeing it, the aroma fills the house with A very nice smell of apples. I think this will also make A very good muffin or cake when combined with other ingredients.
- This stuff is great! I work at night and sleep during the day so I eat it before I go to bed and keeps me full until I get up! I love that it doesn't have ingredients that I have never heard of. I feel I don't have to question if it's safe or not.
- SINFULLY GOOD!
- BREAKFAST CEREAL WITH CREAMERY BUTTER, LOCAL HONEY, AND MILK.
- Back to basics
My family enjoys Bobs Scottish Oatmeal but there is something to be said about apples and cinn hot cereal. NOT the "store shelf brands" packed with goodness knows what chemicals and additives that we cant even pronounce. This cereal is amazing and I mean amazing, my kids eat most anything but sometimes dinner seems heavy I say what about apples and cinn hot cereal and sliced fruit? its perfect! I make it hot with milk (not big soy drinkers) and it really hits the spot on those night when your not really hungry but you don't want gurgly stomach pains at 11pm from skipping a meal.. Try this cereal once in a while in place of a heavy dinner, I promise you will like it.
I have a friend whos 8 year old is a chicken finger and fry kid-- who by the way HAD to eat this one night because thats what we were having for dinner- he turned his nose up without even trying it- but after I said eat it or else he took one bite and had to admit it was "really good Aunti"- and he had seconds without even a blink.
Kids in general are not picky eater-they are simply creatures of habit and dont like change--kids learn to be picky from observing others and parents give in because its less frustrating and life in general on a work night is hectic we just sometimes dont want to argue with a cranky kid over food.
But in my home if its in front of you and your not allergic to it-you eat it. And there hasn't been one thing that I have bought of Bob's Red Mill that my kids and kids friends - has not enjoyed completely.
- The way cereal with fruit SHOULD be!
- this is the way a cereal with apple and cinnamon should be and it has only 2grams of sugar per serving instead of those junk cereals with fruit that has an outrageous amount of sugar
- I add 1/4 cup of the ...
- I add 1/4 cup of the apple, cinnamon and grains cereal to my bread machine bread recipe. It adds a great sweet flavour.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup(45g)
Servings Per Container: 15
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories160Calories from Fat15
Total Fat1.5 g2 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodium15 mg1 %Total Carbohydrate31 g10 %Dietary Fiber4 g16 %Sugars2 gN/AProtein6 g12 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium2 %Iron10 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
whole grain hard red wheat, rye, oats, dried apples, whole grain triticale (wheat), barley, brown rice, cinnamon, oat bran, flaxseed
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk